Saturday, November 22, 2014

Buckle Up and Google Drive!


Ok, so maybe what I'm about to share won't save your life...but it can make life a whole lot easier! Google Drive might be the best, most coolest thing on the entire face of the Internet! It stores everything in a "cloud" and gives you the ability to access anything from anywhere and share everything with everyone! I have been using it for about a year now and I still learn new aspects of it's amazingness each time I go exploring! 

As if Google Drive wasn't already awesome enough, they went and created add-ons to become even more fabulous. The first one I want to share with you is a function in Google Forms called Flubaroo. Kinda fun to say, isn't it? Come on, say it out loud! FLU-BUH-ROO...FLU-BUH-ROO...FLU-BUH-ROOOOOOO! Ok, that's enough! After creating a form for let's say, a class survey, a quick assessment or an interest inventory; you can immediately view a spreadsheet with the data from your questions. Next, you can access Flubaroo right from the toolbar and it will actually grade your form and give you stats. I can't even believe there is something so cool out there! I "heart" Flubaroo!!!! After finishing the book, Out of My Mind (tear-jerker alert) with my 5th graders, I created an assessment in Google Forms for my students. Check out my form here. Then I went in and "Flubaroozed" it and this is what I got (see below)!



Did I mention, I "heart" Flubaroo!? Check out this video on more...


Another awesome add-on in Google Forms is Form Notifications. Utilizing this tool will let your respondents know when their form has been submitted and allows you to customize a message for your test/survey takers. You could give a link or webpage for additional information related to the survey or just send a sweet thank you. You can also set up email notifications for yourself so that you know when everyone has finished. Check out this short tutorial to learn how to add on this add-on! Ha!


There are so many great features of Google Drive and the recent add-ons that are available. If you don't already have a Google account, sign up for one NOW! Once your in, buckle up and Google Drive into some amazing technology tools! 

Happy Driving-
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment